The Edo State Command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) says it apprehended 28 persons for various criminal offences between July and September.
Mr Makinde Ayinla, Commandant of the Corps in the state made this known to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in Benin on Friday.
Ayinla said the suspects were apprehended by the various specialised units and departments of corps in the command.
According to him, the Intelligence and Investigation Department of the command within the period under review apprehended 11 suspects for alleged cultism, vandalism, fraud and extortion of money, trespass into government property, theft and sale of PHCN meters as well as illegal roadblock.
The commandant said the department also recovered three vehicles in connection with the crimes.
Ayinla said that the unit also rescued two missing children.
The commandant further disclosed that the Anti Fraud Unit within the period handled 10 cases with about N200, 000 recovered.
He explained that the Peace and Conflict Resolution Unit also handled 10 cases, adding that five of the cases had been resolved, while two were yet to be resolved and three transferred.
Related Post :
- Nigerian Civil Defence Salary Structure | NSCDC Salary
- NSCDC Referee Form is out click here to download
- NSCDC Parades 16 Suspected Oil Thieves In Lagos | Nigerian Civil defence Corps (photos)
- HISTORY OF NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS | NSCDC
- Biography of Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu | Commandant General – NSCDC | Nigerian Civil Defence Corps