Here in This Article We are going to be talking About Nscdc Boss, Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu Biography, State Of Origin, Aged, Phone Number
Who Is NSCDC Boss / Commandant General ?
The President of Federal Rebulic Of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari approved the appointment of Mr. Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu as the new Commandant-General of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) on July 17, 2015.
About NSCDC Boss / Commandant General Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu
Abdullahi Gana Mohammadu , an indegene of Lapai, is the current Commandant general of the Nigeria security and civil defence corps, assumed office 15 July 2015.
He was appointed Commandant General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, paramilitary of Federal Government of Nigeria, under Ministry of Interior mandated by the Act of Parliament of 2003 as amended in 2007, In July, 2015 By President Muhammadu Buhari, Succeeding Ade Abolurin , OFR who retired
Abdullahi Gana Mohammadu | Nscdc Boss Date Of Birth And Aged:
NSCDC Commandant General Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu was born in Katsina, 18 January 1956,
Nigeria ), an indegene of Lapai.
He was Born into an educated family of Alhaji Jimada Gana from Muye, Lapai Local Government Area of Niger state North Central Nigeria.
For more details click here
Related Post :
General Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu Education Career And Early Life:
As a young man, he had always believed in the power of education to fulfill whatever dreams he had in life.
He acquired enough education starting from Turaki Primary School, Sokoto to the prestigious Barewa College, Zaria, Kaduna State North- Western Nigeria which was one of the most celebrated secondary schools in the then Northern Nigeria.
On July 2015, President Muhammadu Buhari appointed Abdullahi Gana Mohammed as the 2nd substantive Commandant – General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps – a paramilitary agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria under the Ministry of Interior mandated by the Act of Parliament of 2003 as amended in 2007 with the specific functions to:
- Protect Critical National Assets and Infrastructure of the government
- Register, Train, License and Monitor the activities of Private Guard Companies in Nigeria
- Efficiently carry out Disaster Management through search, rescue, rehabilitation as well as mitigation among other functions.
A well-natured personality, Abdullahi Mohammed’s deep sense of selflessness and disdain for greed as well as his simple, humane and kind attributes have combined to make his ascension seamless. He has, at great personal risk lived all his life in service of Nigeria. In the discharge of his duties, either as a financial expert, a banker or an administrator, he has displayed uncommon courage, exuded infectious passion and has been an irrepressible advocate of public propriety.
Through his doggedness, the Commandant-General has become an epitome of integrity in public life and possess the quality of administrative correctness in large quantum. He has by sheer force of his electrifying personality and generous spirit brought credibility to the Civil Defence Corps as a result of his noble intentions.
As a Volunteer with the Corps, he contributed his quota to the growth of the Corps during that era until the Federal Government took over its administration in 2003 when the Act of the Parliament that gave recognition to the Corps as a full-fledged paramilitary organ of government was signed into law by the then President, Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo.
Being a pioneer member of the management team, he was able to bring his wealth of experience from the banking sector to bear on the administration of the Corps and was loved and respected by his colleagues including the erstwhile Commandant General of the Corps Dr. Ade Abolurin (OFR) who saw him as a veritable tool in the growth and development of the Corps.
He rose to become the most senior Assistant Commandant – General of the Corps before fortune smiled on him and became the Commandant- General after the official retirement of the former Commandant General.
He has attended many international and national training and courses which include:
- Frontline Leadership Course (I), University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Procurement Performance by Crown Agents Training, Washington, United Kingdom.
- Frontline Leadership Course (11), University of North Texas, Denton, Texas.
- Anti-corruption Governance Course in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Treasury Course organized by the World Bank in Abidjan, Cote d’voire.
- Budget Process, Defence and Utilization by Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Public Service Reforms Implementation Workshop, organized by Nigeria Institute of Planning, Research, and Statistics, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Emerging Issues, Detection, and Defence Techniques, organized by Amalgamated Pension Administrators of Nigeria, Abuja, Nigeria
General Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu Profile
Upon assumption of office, he embarked on agenda-setting aimed toward re positioning and redefining the mandate of the Corps in line with global best practices and with the security challenges in line with the mandate of the Corps and has recorded a giant stride in:
- the protection of critical National Assets and Infrastructure of the Federal Government which include : Electricity generation , transmission and distribution , Gas production , transportation and distribution , Oil and Oil products production , transportation and distribution , Telecommunications , Water supply , Agriculture , Public health , hospital , ambulance , Transportation systems , Financial services , Security services, Mines Power and Steel.
- Disaster prevention, mitigation and management, rescuing, rehabilitating and resettlement of victims of flood disasters, and protection of IDP camps and reclaiming of towns and villages ravaged by the effect of insurgency in the North Eastern part of Nigeria.
- Sanitizing the Private Guard Security Companies in Nigeria by removing quackery and ensuring professionalism in the sector through training, licensing and monitoring of their activities.
- Protection of investments in the Agro – Allied sector of the Nigerian economy, preparatory to the establishment of cattle ranches in Nigeria and to checkmate the incessant clashes between farmers and headers through the formation of Agro- Ranger Unit.
The Commandant – General has also set machinery in motion taking the Corps from the level he met it to the next level even beyond the shores of Nigeria to the international communities having visited the following countries seeking for synergy and technical partnership of the countries with the Corps.
- The 21st Session of the General Assembly of the International Civil Defence Organisation. Krygstan, May 2016
- 12th International exhibition of Safety and Security by Russian Civil Defence, Moscow, Russia, June 2016
- International Seminar on Cyber Security, Israel, Nov 2016
- Shield Afric Exhibition Security Equipment, Abidjan, Cote d’voire . January 2017
- Exhibition on military Equipment and Armaments, minks, Belarus May 2017
- European Tour covering Germany, Austria, Italy and Slovenian, Factory test and inspection of Disaster management equipment, counter-terrorism equipment, and all-terrain and multi-purpose vehicle. July/ August 2017
- 4th meeting of the African Heads of Civil Defence, Cotonou, Benin Republic, November 2017
- 22nd session of the General Assembly of the International Civil Defence Organisation, Doha, Qatar, April 2018.
He is a detribalized Nigerian, a peacemaker, a consummate believer in service delivery and the principle of Federal Character, and upon all, a perfect example of humility, integrity in service delivery and an exemplary gentleman officer of the Corps.
He is a member of many professional bodies and associations in his country and is happily married with children.
Related Post :
- Nigerian Civil Defence Salary Structure | NSCDC Salary
- NSCDC Referee Form is out click here to download
- Nigerian Civil Defence Aptitude Test Date and venue | NSCDC Screening Date Announced